Sunday, March 1, 2015

PTI Make it Monday #202: Anchoring with Banner and Border Dies

Well....this was certainly a challenge! I don't think I have a particular style, but I do know that Melissa's soft, vintage, layered creations certainly aren't my style. Hers are beautiful, mine are...well, too much.
But I decided to try it, and this is what I came up with. I used Beautiful Brushstrokes stamps and paper, and the PTI heart border to do the anchoring. I tried putting them over top the Life is Beautiful Butterflies, but it just looked too busy, so I "anchored" the butterflies with the heart borders underneath, all of which is on top of two layers of bookmarks (design paper and vellum). The sentiment is heat embossed, and is from Inside and Out: Birthdays.
I'm squeaking this in just under the time limit--and then get to watch two hours of Downton Abbey :) I'll be sad to see the series end for the season, though. Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kathryn! I know what you mean about this challenge as I felt the same way. Always knew my style wasn't anywhere close to Melissa's but she pulls it off so well and made it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is such a breath of fresh air, I love it!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo but you've done such a superb job! I watched her video too, and I was like, stack all those things together? But hers was just gorgeous and so is yours! The vellum layer softens it all up to dreamy goodness.

    ReplyDelete