I used two stencils for my background: a bitty dot stencil from SSS, and a stencil made from my Hexagon cover plate. I used translucent embossing paste for both. The flower is from Meadow Greens, and the sentiment is from Keep it Simple: Birthday, which has been heat embossed on some vellum.
And here is another view, hopefully you can see the shine and texture of the embossing paste.
I had need of a card of congratulations for my niece, who just passed her last exam to become an RN! I am so proud of her, as this is her 2nd degree, and she is also a wife and mother to two small boys. She has worked very hard the past few years! For her card, I used the Quatrefoil coverplate over a background painted on a sheet of watercolour paper, using a variety of Distress inks. The sentiment and flowers are from Beautiful Brushstrokes, and layered over a vellum diecut from the Winebottle tag. A few flower sequins add some "Pizzazz". The inside says, "Congratulations You did it!"
For this card, I used blue as my neutral and gold shimmer paper for the "Life is Beautiful" butterfly base. I cut the top layer out of vellum and glued some gold confetti and sequins to add some extra details to the butterfly's body. A couple of strips of gold, adhesive-backed paper adds some interest to the layout. I heat embossed the sentiment, from "A Cheerful Heart", in gold, as well.
This photo shows the vellum layer "fluffed up" a little.
For this card, I used a technique used during a Make it Monday challenge (Camouflaged Die Cuts) late last year, but using a "birthday" die, instead of a Christmas one.
Today's challenge is all about ombre, so I sponged on 3 Distress inks: Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire, then sprinkled a little water, then some white paint droplets. All stamps and dies are from "Wonderful Words: Birthday".
This challenge is all about "springing into action", and "using our stamps for the first time"!
For the longest time, I wanted this stamp set, but it sat in my "wishlist" for months for months. I finally bought it a couple of months ago, but was too busy with Christmas and family Feb. birthdays to use it. So here it is, "Hands of Time", for the first time! (Pun intended. Wink.)
The small sentiment is from "Movers and Shakers: Sentiments", which I thought went well with the larger sentiment from "Hands of Time". I heat embossed the large clock image in white, then wet the whole sheet. I picked up a variety of blue Distress Inks and dropped them on, letting them bleed into each other. After heat setting it, I dropped some water droplets on to "bleach" some spots, but that didn't work very well. I guess it's because I used cardstock, rather than watercolour paper. So then I picked up some of the ink on my paintbrush and flicked the brush over top, to give some texture and interest. A few black enamel dots finished it off. I like how this turned out, but now I'm asking myself just why I didn't order the dies that go with this stamp set!
Masculine Valentine's cards are always a little more challenging for me, so I thought I'd use this week's Make it Monday to see if I could come up with a card for my husband.
Here is my card using two Cover Plates: Diagonal Stripes (black paper) and Happy Hearts--I think is the name--(white paper), over top a Pure Poppy card base. The tag is cut from Double Ended Banners, and the sentiment is from the Happy Hearts stamp set, heat embossed with white Filigree powder. (all PTI). I trimmed the white layer down slightly so that a black border could be seen all round. The heart embellishment was diecut from white paper, covered with several types of glitter pen till I got a silver, metallic look, then a coat of Glossy Accents was applied on top.
Thanks for looking!