Monday, November 24, 2014

November 2014 Blog Hop Challenge - SNOW!

Blog-hop-logo
My first two cards are shaker cards that I've made for my two granddaughters. I must admit that it's harder than it looks to make these...  However, I persevered and ended up with something satisfactory, and, since my granddaughters are only 8 and 2, I think they'll pass muster. (Although the 8 yr.-old is pretty discerning, artistically!) I finished off the "Sparkle" word with some Stickles, for some extra sparkle!
Papertrey dies: Shaker Shapes: Snowglobe, "Sparkle", "In the Meadow" (boy on sleigh and hills), "Tree Border", "Winter Penguin" (plus stamps),
Other Papertrey products: Patterned paper, Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow and Spring Rain inks.



These next three cards also use PTI's "In the Meadow" stamps and dies to create snowy scenes. There are also glittery snowflakes in the sky, but that's difficult to see in this photo. I heat embossed the silhouette image to give it a bit more definition, and the tree has two colours of inks, using the "rock and roll" technique.



For this next card, I tried my hand at some watercolouring for the background. Last year, Sanketi did a card very much like this, and I tried my best to Case her!

For my last card, I've gone in a different tack, trying something more CAS. I watercoloured a background, then spritzed it with Perfect Pearls mist. When it was dry, I diecut a snowflake out of the center. I diecut a second snowflake out of Stampers Select white card stock, and filled in the diecut hole.  The sentiment is from Keep it Simple: Merry Christmas. The card is finished off with a diecut border, with a stitching line impressed in it, then popped up for dimension.
You made it to the end of this long post! Thanks so much for looking!




6 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! Your CASED card caught my eye right away! I thought.. hmnnn.....now..that looks familiar.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-W-E-S-O-M-E cards, Kathryn! You have been very busy creating works of art. I'm sure your granddaughters will be thrilled with your darling shaker cards that sparkle. Great CASE of Sanketi's card. I need to get crackin' on Christmas cards ASAP. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kathryn, you've been busy! Love the shakers (and believe me I know that time-consuming and difficult they are to make; don't know why I started!). All of your cards are gorgeous, but your CASE'd card is simply stunning. So artistic and so bold with the colours you chose. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Kathryn! Love the color variation on your trees and fabulous case of Sanketi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last is my favorite- simple and elegant

    ReplyDelete