Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Make it Monday #183:Dry Embossing over Heat Embossing

Dawn McVey, over at Papertrey Ink, demonstrated a technique that adds lots of texture to one-layer cards. And since I mail most of my cards, I wanted to play along. I actually used two layers this time, as I wanted to add some twine. I used metallic embossing powders (gold and copper) as well as a Zing green for all the leaves (Leaf Prints). I used Basket of Blessings for the sentiment, and then dry embossed, using a PTI Impression plate. (I can't remember the name, and I can't find it on their website, either! Sorry! But it's a plate with a lot of little leaves, which I thought went with the leaf theme.) ETAdd: The impression plate is "Vineyard", by PTI. Thanks, Nancy!
All stamps are PTI, as is the cardstock. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. The metallics are wonderful! Gorgeously placed leaves and sentiment. It's the vineyard cover plate by PTI and you don't see it often. Perfect touch here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful texture, from the metallic embossing powers to the cover plate to the twine!
    Great card, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, this is striking! Love the golds and coppers and the BIG BOLD sentiment is just perfect! BTW, thanks for the idea of adding a banner on my card that I stamped the sentiment crooked! I am going to do just that before I put it into my stash to use! Thanks so much for the idea and for leaving me a comment!

    ReplyDelete