Thursday, July 24, 2014

PTI July 2014 Blog Hop #1

Blog-hop-logo



July Blog Hop Inspiration



The inspiration photo above left us wide open for ideas. For my first card, I focussed on the gingham envelope, the doily and the red flowers, and came up with this. I used "Sweet Life" and "Mega Gracious Vases". For the background, I used 3 different colours of Distress Inks, swiped across white cardstock, with a few water droplets for some texture. I liked how the background turned out!
Thanks for looking and have a great day! Comments are always welcome.




13 comments:

  1. Love your card! Very effective use of stamps and techniques : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful composition and interpretation of this challenge Kathryn! Great water-color effect on your background with the distress ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interpretation on the challenge. I adore that little envelope in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a perfectly composed still life painting. That background is fab and I thought you had added rainstones, that's how much dimension your water droplets have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful your roses are! Stamped to perfection! Love the background you created too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. Great take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Katheryn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I absolutely LOVE your background!! In fact, everything about this card is just perfect...great job!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful roses and such a great background with a swipe or two of distress ink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is cute, I like the little table scape you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful, Kathryn! I see a sweet glimpse of a cottage room. I love the envelope and flowers on the doily! And perfect to add a few drops of water to the background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card! Your background turned out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete