Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SCC2, Week 3, Day 2


                          

I can't believe that there are only a couple of days left in Summer Card Camp! It's been busy, but fun. For today's cards, I used Jennifer's layout at a guideline for my first card, and Sarah's ideas for my second card. I still want to do a third card, so I can try Betsy's design paper technique, but the weather is great, and groceries need to be bought!
On this first card, I used copper embossing powder on the flourishes and the sentiment. I used two layers for the flourish, as was suggested. I also did some leaves and heat embossed the tips with holographic embossing powder for some sparkle. For the purple, I added two birds and a heart above the sentiment. The browns are the copper embossing powder, as well as the bird's nest :)

For this card, I used Sarah's idea of partial cover plate die cuts. For this one, I had to sneak in a bit of the aqua colour, so the first layer of the flower is inked in Aqua Mist, followed by Winter Wisteria and then Royal Velvet (PTI). The sentiment is also stamped in Royal Velvet.


Thanks for looking and I appreciate your comments!






12 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL on BOTH of your cards!!!!!!!!!!:) LOOOOVE that copper embossing powder!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the birds! Love the beautiful flower in the second card, too. Love the way you incorporated all the colors so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That copper embossing powder pops! Fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both absolutely delightful. Wonderful job on using this week's colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, these are both great! Love copper and teal together. That card's a standout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both. The birds nest is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the copper embossing and the composition of the card. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed with how elegant the copper embossing looks on your first card...both cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love both of these. Beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on both the cards. That copper is gorgeous. Also love the chevrons on the second card too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. Wonderful execution of today's techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are beautiful!! You rocked the techniques!!

    ReplyDelete