Friday, June 21, 2013

Make it Monday, #121 Vellum Flowers, No. 3

I just had to try this again, but with black Versamark Ink, then heat embossed with clear powder over top. I used mauve and purple inks for the flowers and 2 green inks for the leaves.  Since African Violets have an iridescence to them, I went over the petals with a Zig Wink of Stella glitter brush pen. For the background, I used my Linen and Canvas impression plate, which is very difficult to see in this low-res photo.
Thanks for looking!

All materials are PTI, unless otherwise indicated.
Stamps: Year of Flowers:Violets
Inks: Winter Wisteria, Grape Jelly (Memento), Spring Moss, Bamboo (Memento), Versamark (Versafine)
Paper: Vellum, Winter Wisteria, Stampers Select White, blue strip from my stash
Other: Fillagree Border die, Violets dies, Wink of Stella Glitter brush (Zig), Linen and Canvas Impression Plate, Liquid Pearls-Buttercup (Ranger), Green Copics to touch up the leaves.

3 comments:

  1. I love this with the black and the glitter! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done beautiful effect. You have inspired me to try some vellum flowers. switching off my computer now to go and try.
    Greetings from Carole in South Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Kathyrn! Love how you layered the vellum flowers, too! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete