Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Make it Monday, #120 Ombre No.2

Here is another effort at the overlapping Ombre technique. I used an old stamp, and a somewhat dated style, so perhaps that's why I'm not as crazy about this one as my last, even though this one was more work. I used 4 shades of ink for the leaves of the tree, and the scalloped background was a piece of brayered paper that I've had for a while, done with Kaleidacolor inks. I swiped the dark chocolate ink on the tree trunk, instead of tapping, to give it some "wood" texture, and used a sunburst for the background, to better fit the sentiment. The bottom left corner looked bare, so I put some Washi Tape on. Still looked bare, so I added some enamel dots--in three, ombré tones, as well. I like the dots, but wish I'd left off the tape... Not sure about this one, at all!

 Materials are PTI, unless otherwise indicated.

Stamps:Through the Woods, Hello Sunshine, Sunburst (unknown. Note to self-don't throw away the packaging!)
Inks: Dandelion, Potter's Clay, Summer Sky (all Memento), Spring Moss, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Spring Moss, Melon Berry
Other: enamel dots (MME), Nestabilities dies, Washi Tape

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, Kathryn! The brayered paper matches the tree so well, and also your bg is perfectly stamped, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are super cards. Love the sentiment done in the neutral color scheme on the first. And I think your second is creative using the ombré looks as the leaves - great layout.

    ReplyDelete